We may share your personal data with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our services, such as credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event or campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
In this case, we require from our service providers to use your personal data only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
Who we are
MAGOT® is an editorial services and paper design studio located in Madrid, Spain.
Our registered business address is:
MAGOT Arte S.L.
c/ José Picón, 28 – local A
How can you contact us?
For any enquiries relating to privacy or data protection, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our postal address:
Apdo. de Correos 13084
Who do we collect personal information from?
- Visitors to our website
- People who enquire about our products or services
- People who subscribe to our newsletter mailing lists
- People who request our publications
- People who enquire about the events we attend or organise
- Suppliers and service providers
- Job applicants
What type of personal data do we collect?
As an editorial services and design studio, we collect and store very little personal information from people interested in our services, publications or events, but if you use our website, subscribe to our newsletter, download publications or contact us to enquire about our service offerings or about collaborations, then we will be likely to collect information such as:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your mobile and landline phone numbers
- Information about your billing and payment history, and information we learn from the way you manage your account (payment card details and other transaction details are held by a third-party payment provider)
- The preferences that you provide to us confirming whether you would like us (and selected third-parties) to contact you with information and offers that may be of interest to you
- Information about your use of our services
- Your job title or position
- Your IP address
- Your company or organisation name
- Your company or organisation address
- Your company VAT number (for products and services purchase purposes only)
- Your website domain (for online products and services purchase purposes only)
- Correspondence history (where applicable)
You should also be aware that we use third-party services in our sales, marketing and customer relationship management processes that collect, store and process information. This third-party services are identified and described in this Policy.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you contact us through our websites, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services
- When you enter a competition or promotion
- When you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise
- When you set your preferences for receiving marketing communications from us
- When you use our services
We automatically collect some information about your visit to our websites but this does not record personally identifiable information.
This aggregated information is used to help us make improvements to website content and navigation.
The sort of information recorded includes how many people visit our website, which pages and items are the most popular and about how you use and interact with our website.
What do we use personal information for?
- To respond to service or general enquiries
- To allow customers to purchase our products and services
- To deliver products and services to customers
- To market services to existing customers
- To market our products and services to people who have shown an interest in them
- To notify customers about new product releases and service developments, and to advertise MAGOT’s products and services in accordance with this Policy. Your website visit, marketing experience, and communications may be tailored to your interests based on your personal data.
- To research customers and organisation as part of our sales process
- To make people aware of events and publications
- To provide service and product updates
- To process job applications
- To manage suppliers and commercial partnerships
- To conduct financial activities such as invoicing and payment processing
- To support and improve the services we offer, as well as to improve customer relationships. This includes our use of the data that our users provide us in order to enable our users to use the services.
- To respond directly to information requests (including newsletter registrations or other specific requests), or pass a contact information on to MAGOT’s resellers for further follow-up related to the interests of a potential or existing customer
- To share personal data with third parties who provide services to us, provided that the third party has executed any data processing documentation required by law. This includes, for example, aggregating information from your use of the services or visit to our website to improve our services. This might also include sharing your information or the information you provide us in order to provide and support our services or to make certain features of the services available to you.
- To track and evaluate our marketing campaigns, including online advertising and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
What is our Lawful Basis for Data Processing?
- Legitimate Interest
- Legal Obligation
- Contractual Obligation
If you have an account and you log in to www.magotstudio.com, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We use MailChimp cookies to see the openings and clicks of our Newsletter emails.
For more information on MailChimp service, see Third-party services section below.
We use Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics) to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages users visit on www.magotstudio.com
- How long users spend on each www.magotstudio.com page
- How users got to the site
- What users click on while they’re visiting the site
This information can’t be used to identify who the users are.
For more information on Google Analytics service, see Third-party services section below.
How to manage or delete cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies (see aboutcookies.org for details). You can delete all cookies that are already in your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent cookies from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Browser manufacturers provide help for cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
Mailchimp is a registered trademark of The Rocket Science Group, a U.S. company, and has certified they comply with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
For more information about the way in which MailChimp is committed to achieving compliance with the GDPR in 2018, see About the General Data Protection Regulation.
The users of the website www.magotstudio.com who want to signup to MAGOT Newsletter are requested to complete a double opt-in process, which requires them to verify their email address. The potential subscribers must fill out and submit our online signup form, then they receive a confirmation email and are required to click a link to verify their email.
We send newsletters only to users who have agreed to this double opt-in.
We use Google Analytics to measure the traffic and to analyze the use of our websites and optimize their performance.
Google is a U.S. company the data of which are in Google Cloud locations. They comply with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland, respectively.
PayPal Inc. is a US company that provides online money transfer services. PayPal monitor every transaction to prevent fraud, email phishing and identity theft and is EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield compliant.
Public information and third-party websites
Social media platforms
We have presence on social media platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Embedded content from, and links to, third-party websites
Posts, products and pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- The right to request access to any personal data we may have about you.
- The right to request rectification (if incorrect) or deletion of personal data.
- The right to request limitation of their treatment, in which case they will only be kept by MAGOT for the exercise or defense of claims.
- The right to restrict processing: You can opt-out or restrict the processing of your data by:
- Amending your cookie settings in your browser (see How to manage or delete cookies section above)
- Unsubscribing from email communications by clicking the unsubscribe link that can be found in the footer of any of our marketing emails
- Contacting email@example.com
In the event that you have given your consent for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw it at any time, without it affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
How to complain to the control authority
If you consider that there is a problem with the way in which MAGOT is handling your personal data, you may address your complaints to MAGOT (through the contact information indicated above) or to the corresponding Data Protection Authority, being the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (Spanish Data Protection Agency) the one indicated in the case of Spain.
Accuracy and Data Retention
We take reasonable business measures in compliance with laws to keep your personal data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your personal data change (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
How long will we keep data?
- Disaggregated data: Disaggregated data will be retained without a deadline for deletion
- Subscribers data: During the time your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our services in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. In any case, it will be the minimum necessary from time to time, currently subject to certain statutes of limitation terms:
- 4 years: Law on Infringements and Sanctions in the Social Order (obligations regarding affiliation, registration, cancellation, contribution, payment of salaries, etc.); Art. 66 ff. General Tax Law (Accounting Books, etc.);
- 5 years: Art. 1964 Civil Code (personal actions without special time limit)
- 6 years: Art. 30 Commercial Code (Accounting Books, invoices, etc.)
- 10 years: Art. 25 of the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Act.